about the front-end tools
Besides accessing the ISDN line from PC applications, there are many more possible uses for the connection between the Gigaset and the PC, specifically:
- viewing and modifying the configuration of the Gigaset base and, if present, the DECT adapter
- registering and unregistering DECT handsets and adapters
- viewing and clearing the call log of the Gigaset base
- transferring phonebook entries from and to handsets
- controlling the built-in answering machine
- making calls for an associated handset (CTI)
- configuring features of the ISDN line like call forwarding
- sending and receiving SMS messages
- updating the device firmware
A command line program giving low-level access to (almost) all the functions of the Gigaset base and DECT adapters except those related to actual ISDN connections. Read the man page to see what it can do and how to use it.
A tool for retrieving the configuration of the Gigaset base in XML format. Intended to eventually become a general configuration tool for use in scripting or with some graphical front-end. It has a man page, too.
An initial draft of a GUI application. So far it can make calls on behalf of an associated handset, send and receive SMS messages, and display a few exemplary configuration settings.
installing the front-end tools
The front-end tools are available as source (compressed tar archive) or RPM from the project file area. They can be installed just like any regular userspace program.